Wednesday, 27 July 2016

kitchen diner tour

I finally got round to taking enough photos to do a tour of our kitchen diner and seeing as today is the #HomeEtc link up day, I can't think of a better time to share them with you, so without further ado...
Our whole downstairs layout is pretty much open-plan so our living, dining and kitchen spaces are all connected. The photo above was taken with my back to the living room looking into the dining area with a brief glimpse of the kitchen.

Our dining area now feels complete thanks to these fantastic prints from AllPosters.co.uk (not and ad, I just love them). I spent a long time searching for the right prints for this wall and quickly decided I wanted some vintage-inspired travel posters and where better than of our honeymoon destinations.

These prints really do make the space; they've been up for three days and I'm sooo in love with them but it feels as if they've been there forever (there's probably a lesson in there for me somewhere about taking my time to get the right things because when I do, it really is seamless!).

We had the breakfast bar put in two months or so after moving in; we decided to go with a breakfast bar instead of an island because we felt an island would take up too much room, leaving a thin gap either side to maneuver around the kitchen. I'm so glad we did because we've now got extra storage and worktop space (although some days it's still not enough) whilst maintaining the open feel that we fell in love with. 

The bar stools are from Ikea, the lights from Garden Trading, and the chalkboard stickers on the wall from Wallpops.


I would love to replace the fridge freezer; we brought it with us from our old home but it just doesn't sit right in this new space. Sadly, I'm not made of money so I doubt it will be replaced anytime soon. A Smeg fridge freezer would look pretty smart however, the freezer compartment isn't big enough for us so it'll probably be something similar to what's there now but in stainless steel, and maybe with an ice dispenser in the door (cuz this house is soooo hot, all the time). 


And that's it. I truly love this space.
Home Etc
You can see previous room tours here and here.

11 comments:

  1. The posters look gorgeous, I totally agree taking a bit of extra time to do the right thing is always best. Well done on opting for the breakfast bar too, it looks great X #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you do! Looks great and what a fab space. Thanks for linking up #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a lovely social space. I love the big, bright prints as well :-) #Home Etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really happy with the size of the print :) thanks for your comment :)

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely LOVE those prints!!! They're gorgeous!! I think if this were my kitchen, I'd pick a colour from them and paint the wall opposite — maybe that amazing retro greeny-blue or the vibrant orange — I bet it would look fabulous!! Thanks for linking up with us lovely :) Caro xx #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly the wall opposite has kitchen cupboards and the cooker hood on it, but I love the greeny-blue so thinking of finding a way to incorporate that when we decorate :) x

      Delete
  6. How cute are those chalk board stickers I love them. I too would adore a Smeg fridge but my husband thinks they are a waste of money!!
    Here's to dreaming!
    Carly X
    #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I would imagine you only pay for the name with a Smeg fridge and the chalk board sticks have proven so handy :) thanks for your comment, Carly x

      Delete