Wednesday, 25 May 2016

Living Room Tour

Since moving into our new build home in September 2015, I've only given you a full tour of our master bedroom
(although I did share some six-month progress pics), so today I thought it was time to show you a little more...
Since before we moved in I've had an idea of how I wanted to lay out our living space and bar a few things (such as finding the right armchairs and having the money to build a proper media centre) it's all come together as I imagined...

I love our walk-in bay window; it lets in so much light :)

This bookcase is recycled from our old home; it's an inexpensive MDF bookcase from Argos that I have hopes of replacing, but seeing as it's functional and not too offensive to look at, it stays (for the time being).

From the bay window you can see the whole living and dining area, and a little of the kitchen...
Another piece of recycled furniture that I hope to replace in the future is the green two-seater leather sofa (we wouldn't have enough seats for visitors if we got rid of it now). I want to buy either an armchair or a snuggle seat but have yet to find anything I like within my limited budget! I would also eventually love to have bi-folding doors added in-between the living and dining spaces, because I think it'll make the living room cosier in the winter months.


I adore this Laura Ashley lamp!

Our sofa is a four-seater from SCS; I was pretty heartbroken when I realised our old corner sofa wouldn't work in this new house, but this is a great replacement, especially when the foot stool is used too becuase it means both hubs and I can spread out and relax :)

I love these picture ledges from Ikea; I put a photo on Facebook and have had so many compliments, with a couple of friends wanting to know where they could get their own :) I think the ledges offer something different from a standard gallery wall (which I still love btw) as I'm able to chop and change the frames and pics inside much more easily than with a gallery wall.

Our TV sits opposite the sofa, to the left of the door from the hallway...

This is the wall where I would like to build a media centre in the future (the door on the right is the Harry Potter cupboard!)


This is the view of the living space from the dining table :)

I love our living area; I love how light it is and how things have developed and grown over the eight months of living here. I think the room has elements of the coastal look I wanted whilst not being too 'themed' and 'in ya face'. I can't wait to see how painting the walls changes the room...

Home Etc

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely light and bright space, bay windows are the best aren't they? I love that Laura Ashley lamp too X #HomeEtc
    Blogging at Boo & Maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOVE our bay window; I've always wanted one :) x

      Delete
  2. Now this stunning - i love that beautiful blue star!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely light room, and that Laura Ashley lamp is so cute! x #HomeEtc Julia @ Rainbeaubelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I'm so glad I bought it, and in the sale too :)

      Delete
  4. I love that it all seems to flow from one room to the other and the pops of blue are gorgeous. Where did you get the star?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Helena; it's actually from The Range :)

      Delete
  5. It's a great sized space Laura! I love the fact that you have a light source at each end – it makes it lovely and bright. I've got that same lamp base from Laura Ashley! It's fab to be able to display your treasures in it, isn't it? :) Thanks so much for linking up with us! Caro xx #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is great, Caro; I love that you can style it for the seasons - I had some snowmen in it at Christmas :)

      Delete
  6. What a superb space and how light and bright. Great for family living. Love the decor and especially the shelves :) Thanks so much for linking up, love Jess xx

    #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous of your new build! I would really love to move into a new build and have a blank canvas to work with. Everything all nice and new! And ooo picture ledges! Now there's an idea! #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore my picture ledges :) and I cannot wait to start decorating my blank canvas, although I think we'll wait until next year now :)

      Delete