Wednesday, 3 February 2016

Bedroom Tour

It's been just over four months since hubs and I moved into our new build house and in that time we've worked hard to put our stamp on the property and turn it into a home. I've shown you little glimpses of our home before, but today I want to take you on a tour of our master bedroom and en-suite...
Situated at the front of our house, the bedroom gets a ton of light, even on the dullest days, which is something I love, because the bedroom in our old house was so dark, even in the middle of the day. We've gone with a grey and yellow theme because a) yellow is my favourite colour (and I told hubs we always have to have a room with yellow in it; last house, it was the kitchen) and b) our bed was grey and I wanted a grey carpet. Obviously at the moment we still have the hideous builder-grade magnolia on the walls, but that's ok, because I'm not actually sure what I want to do with the walls as yet.
The wall behind the bed is crying out for a gallery wall, which is a project for the next few weeks.

Our bed is so comfy and I've splashed out on linen from The White Company and let me tell you, it is THE actual best. Our mattress has some fancy technology that helps me stay warm and hubs stay cool, and combined with our wool duvet (wool also helps to regulate your temp. when sleeping), we're getting some super good sleeps; we just need to learn to go to bed earlier.

Our chest of drawers and bedside tables are from the Hemnes range at Ikea, and the bookcase is a £40 bargain from Gumtree that I transformed with the help of Annie Sloan (dedicated post coming soon).

We're fortunate to have an en-suite shower room (first door on the left - the middle door is a cupboard and the right-hand door leads out to the landing) in which we've continued the yellow and grey theme (thanks Next).

Our bedroom is a real sanctuary; in fact, we've both commented that it has the luxuriousness of a hotel room (without the impersonal feel). I'm thrilled with how the room has progressed over the last four months and once we've done the gallery wall behind the bed, it'll be complete... until we decide on how we're going to paint/decorate the walls that is!
Home Etc

13 comments:

  1. I love how you decorated the room! Super cute! where did you get that nail polish holder? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jenna. It's actually a spice rack that I painted a few years ago :) x

      Delete
  2. I LOVE IT!!!!! It's so bright and cheerful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely light-filled room, and the yellow is so cheery! I'd worry that a gallery wall might make your sleeping space a bit cluttered though, what about one of those narrow picture ledges with a selection of framed works lined along it? (just a thought!) #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Molly; we actually already have picture shelves in our lounge so was thinking of a gallery wall as something different. I might scale back on the size/number of frames after your comment as you make a good point, thanks :)

      Delete
  4. I adore yellow too, it's such a fab colour. It's a really gorgeous room and you've styled it so beautifully X #HomeEtc
    Blogging at Boo & Maddie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much, Lins. It took me a while to work out how to balance such a cheery colour like yellow with the idea of a 'away-from-the-world-sanctuary' I wanted for our bedroom :)

      Delete
  5. Aah I am *such* a fan of yellow — one of my very favourite colours! How could you fail to wake up happy when you're surrounded by such a sunny colour? Thanks so much for linking up with us Laura — much appreciated :) #HomeEtc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love yellow too :) I can imagine the room only getting cheerier as we get more into the summer months :)

      Delete
  6. Lovely :) So comfortable and with your added personality too! Thanks for sharing & linking up - good to have you! #HomeEtc

    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like your room! Funnily enough I have also shared our grey/ yellow master bedroom in this week's HomeEtc linky :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gaby; I love your master bedroom - yellow and grey work so well together don't they :) x

      Delete