Thursday, 8 January 2015

Focus

Happy Friday eve, blogland 
and happy 80th birthday to the late, great Elvis Presley!

On Monday, I blogged for the first time this year. I told you about the two things I wanted to achieve this year. Since then I have been thinking, and I actually want to change my philosophy for 2015.

This year, I want to focus.

Focus on my goals, focus on my aims, focus so I spend my time more wisely.

I am pretty skilled at procrastination. I don't want to be. I wanted to be skilled at focusing and making shit happen!

So, I'm taking a leaf outta Gretchen Rubin's book and I'm making 12 separate New Year's Resolutions goals for 2015, one for each month.

For January, I'm choosing to focus on having a tidy house

While I'm not excessively messy, I have a habit of living in my house throughout the week, then wasting my weekend tidying up after myself! I want this to change, I want my weekends back, so I'm taking 30 minutes each night to clean. 

Monday night I cleaned the kitchen (and made dinner, and soup for lunch) whilst Hubby hoovered the living room. Do you know what a joy it was to wake up Tuesday morning and walk into a clean and tidy downstairs?! Let me tell you, it was AWESOME!

It inspired me. So, Tuesday night, I kept the kitchen clean and put in a load of washing and cleaned the bathroom! Wednesday night, I had an early night but I still managed to keep the kitchen clean clean our bedroom.

I'm on a roll. 

I'm not sure which room I'm going to clean tonight (as our other two bedrooms will take longer than 30 minutes to clean), but I'm going to do something, that way I can relax on Friday night and maybe do something fun, as a reward for all this cleaning, on Saturday!

I have goals for February (eat better), March (get fit) and April (declutter), as well as two extra goals that I plan to focus on throughout the year - spending wisely and not using my credit card. I've decided not to plan 12 goals out all in one go because I don't know what my situation will be later on in the year, so for now, I have things planned until the end of April. I'll let you know how things go!

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. I like the idea of doing a different goal each month!!! You're a wise women :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I can't take credit, I'm afraid. I got the idea from Bon (www.thelifeofbon.com), who got the idea from The Happiness Project book :)

      Delete