Wednesday, 10 September 2014

So many books, so little time

Initially I was going to share with you today five books that I think everyone should read but I'm actually feeling rather overwhelmed with all the books on my 'to read' list at the moment so I figured I'd share those with you instead...

1. Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune by Bill Dedman - for Kelly's Blogger2Blogger Book Club for September (thankfully, I read Bonnie's Life of Bon Book Club book for September (Eleanor and Park) back in July, so that's one less book to read this month).

2. We Were Liars by E. Lockhart - a library book I have on loan that's due back on Tuesday 16th September, but I've not started yet and I cannot renew because it has a reservation on it :(

3. Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks - again, I've borrowed this from the library and it's due back on the 16th but it has a reservation on it so I cannot renew it and I've not read a single word!

4. One Day by David Nicholls - borrowed from a friend

5. Belgariad 1: Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings - again this is borrowed from my local library but as it doesn't have a reservation on it, I can happily renew this book for three more weeks :)

6. To Kill A Mocking Bird by Harper Lee - I've been wanting to re-read my favourite book since December but life always seems to get in the way; I started re-reading this book the other night but it seems as if my plans will have to be put on hold as I can read this any time I like and I have so many other books to read before this.

These six don't even cover the copious number of books that I have bought but haven't started reading yet! That list is a whole other blog post in itself!!

I was talking to Kelly the other night and we were talking about all the books we want to read and I said that I actually feel like I'm back at university with all the 'reading' I have to do. However, I have since realised that I don't HAVE to read any of them. Choosing to pick up a book should be fun, it shouldn't be stressful. So I've decided that I'm just going to read what I can read and screw everything else! I want reading to feel fun again, and not like something I HAVE to do!

What's currently on your 'to read' list?

Happy hump day, blogland!
post signature 

1 comment:

  1. I love the idea of checking out library books, but I always seem to have trouble finishing them on time. Plus, I love writing in books, so I am sort of forced in to owning books (I guess that's not the worst thing). I always read To Kill a Mockingbird in the summer (when I read it). I bet it's nice to read in the fall, too; or any time of year for that matter. Looks like you've got lots of good choices for this next season.

    ReplyDelete