Monday, 28 July 2014

My day as a 'spa spy'...

Whittlebury Hall is a magnificent four-star hotel, spa and conference and training centre set in rural Northamptonshire. Hubs and I were recently invited to try out the facilities in The Day Spa and 
to see for ourselves why this hotel and spa has won so many awards.
A stunning location!
We arrived just before 9am and were given our treatment times for the day, as well as a tour of the spa and leisure facilities. As we’d both booked a Top-to-Toe Spa Day, I had a Back Massage, an Energising Express Facial, an Express Pedicure and an Express Manicure to look forward to, whilst Tom had an Elemis Urban Cleanse Facial and an Elemis Deep Tissue Back Massage to help him relax. 
Robes and swimwear donned; we're ready!
After our tour, we spent an hour or so exploring the facilities, which were amazing...
Hydrotherapy Pool
Crystal Steam Bath
Caldarium
Tepidarium
Ice Cave                            Pedicure Area
My favourite rooms were the Sanarium® (not pictured) and the Caldarium hot room, which I bravely followed with a visit to the Ice Cave #bbrrrrrMy first treatment, the Back Massage, was at 11am, followed by the Energising Express Facial, both of which were carried out by Emma, who was clearly an experienced and skilled therapist. She spoke to me about the treatments and the products she was going to use and asked if there was anything she needed to be aware of before beginning my treatments. Emma skilfully worked out the niggles in my back before turning her attention to the facial. After both treatments, she recommended some products for me and let me come around from the relaxation in my own time. It was a wonderful way to spend an hour :)

After a spot of lunch from the delicious buffet and another visit to the Sanarium® and Ice Cave, I had a shower and waited for my manicure and pedicure, which were both expertly carried out by Rebecca, who told me her favourite treatment to give was a pedicure because she loved transforming women and seeing their smiles after treatments. Rebecca painted Jessica's Midnight Affair on my toe nails and Tangerine Dream on my finger nails, two colours I chose before she began. Rebecca was really friendly and was happy to answer my questions and chat to me about my recent holiday (which you can read about here, herehere)!

My beautifully manicured hands and feet :)
As we were reviewing The Day Spa for the magazine I work for, I had to get Tom's opinion on our day, to which he said: “I didn’t really know what to expect as I have never been to a spa before; the closest I’ve come to pampering is ten minutes in the sauna after a gym and swim at my local leisure centre. I was pleasantly surprised; I wasn’t the only man there and the different Heat and Ice Experiences were a fun way to spend a few hours. I was also impressed that The Day Spa customers could also use The Leisure Club facilities and, after a delicious buffet lunch, we took advantage of this and headed to the main swimming pool for an hour. I would say that my Elemis Urban Cleanse Facial was more relaxing than my Elemis Deep Tissue Back Massage but both treatments were superb. I was highly impressed with the Heat and Ice Experiences, as well as the buffet lunch and I would recommend Whittlebury Hall The Day Spa to friends, especially couples looking for a relaxing day!”

The Day Spa Top-to-Toe package is currently being offered from just £99 per person; it’s a fantastic treat for the man or woman in your life, pre or even post-holiday. Head to their website or call the Reservations Team on 0845 400 0002 (8am – 8pm, Monday to Friday or 9am – 5:30pm, Saturday and Sunday) to book your Top-to-Toe spa day, or one of the many other packages, now!

Although Whittlebury Hall invited me and Hubby to The Day Spa free of charge, 
all opinions expressed in this post are our own :)
post signature
If you enjoyed this post, please pin or share via your preferred social media. 

No comments:

Post a Comment