Friday, 11 July 2014

Introducing Kelly's Kinda Crazy...

Happy Friday, Blogland.
Instead of my usual Friday ramblings, I have something a bit special for you today...
my first ever guest blogger. 
There was only one lady to call when I realised I'd be away for a few days but still
wanted to keep you guys entertained, so please give a big warm welcome to Kelly...
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Hello lovely Little Mrs Sunshine readers! I'm Kelly and I blog over at a little place called Kelly's Kinda Crazy


A little about me... I'm a social media addicted, country music loving, book reading, picture taking, craft attempting, all things pink, girly girl. I love meeting new people but have a tendency to be a little shy. I love photography and the story that a picture can tell. The right song can make me cry for absolutely no reason. Did I mention I can to be a little emotional? I've learned to take life as it comes. Things wont always go the way you expect them to and that's okay. Half the fun is learning to enjoying the crazy.

I was so excited when Laura emailed me asking if I wanted to take over her blog for the day. This lovely lady and I met via a linkup {I think} a few months ago and we pretty much clicked right away. Bonding over Supernatural and about a gazillion other TV shows and books is the way to go, let me tell ya. That's what I love about blogging. It doesn't matter how what corner of the world you live in, you can find and connect with people that you other wise wouldn't have ever met. People that have the same interests as you.

Speaking of... I decided to take a look at exactly how far apart Laura and I are... 4,684 miles from city to city. In case you're wondering that's 15 hours and 5 minutes worth of fly time and a ticket starting at $1,580. According to Google that's 937.69 British Pound Sterling. I really hope that's right. If it's not, I'm sorry - blame Google. For those of you, like me, who like to have a visual...

After some confirmation from Laura that even though we live a hop, skip and a jump apart you guys are also hitting summer time {aka a break from school} I decided that even though as adults we don't get a summer break - still think that's crap if you ask me - that I'd share my top 5 my favorite things to do during summer.


BBQs with friends are one of the best ways to spend weekends. Normally around here it involves some beer, hamburgers/hotdogs and a few games that remind me exactly how un-athletic I really am. Last summer we put up a volleyball net and I managed to hit myself in the face with the ball. Yes, I'm that talented and of course I'll sign autographs after if you'd like. We enjoy BBQs so much that sometimes we even do them when we get home from the bar at 2:00 in the morning. When you're hungry, you're hungry. Plus, why waste the money going to grab fast food when you have perfectly good stuff at home. To answer your question - no, surprisingly we did not wake up the neighbors.


UFC fight nights I don't know why but it seems like we always order more fights during the summer. Maybe its because we pay all that money to order a fight that we only end up watching part of because everyone ends up outside or in the kitchen. 

Pedicures are probably one of my favorite things to do with the girls during the summer. We try to go at least once a month but sometimes we make it happen more often. Nothing says "hello summer" like hot pink polish on tanned toes.

If you read my about me page then you know that we're huge baseball fans so it's kinda a give-in that going to baseball games would make it on my top 5 list. In all honesty I don't care if it's going to watch our local minor league team, our nephew's t-ball game or the league that my husband plays in on Sundays - I just like to watch baseball.

Other than those I think that my all time favorite thing to do in the summer is go visit my family. They live about a 9 hour drive away but I try to make it home at least once during the summer. This year I was only there for one day before I hopped in another vehicle and drove cross country with my parents to move my Daddy's Dad to Florida. Laura actually took over my blog for a day while I was gone! If you haven't already you should go check it out.

So what are some of your favorite things to do in summer?
Laura - thank you so much for letting me hijack your blog for the day. I had a blast. We should do it again sometime ;-)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Isn't she awesome?! 

If you love books like Kelly and I do, then you can join us for Kelly's brand new 
Blogger 2 Blogger Book Club (#blog2blogBC), which I am co-hosting this month. 
For July, we're reading Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Random Riggs 
and you can find out all you need to know here and here!

Have a great weekend, peeps!
post signature 

No comments:

Post a Comment