Wednesday, 23 October 2013

I'm taking control & making changes...

I'm sure I read somewhere that making resolutions to change aspects of your life that you're unhappy with are more successful if they're made in the autumn or around your birthday; well, I'm pretty lucky because my birthday is in the autumn (in three days time, in fact)


credit

So, with the next 12 months being my 29th year, I've decided on a couple of things I want 
to achieve before my next birthday, the big 3-0 (when I am officially old, joke)!


Firstly, I want to get fit. Not marathon fit, like some of my crazy Facebook friends seem to be (you'll never catch me running a half marathon let alone a full one), but healthy fit. I realise the older I get the easier it'll be to just get fat and lazy, so I need to get into the exercise/healthy eating habit now. In fact, that's the one thing I would go back and tell 18-year-old Laura:"put down the doughnut and get your lazy arse to the gym!"

I wouldn't say I have a bad diet, but I know there are areas in which I can improve. However, as this is a change towards a better lifestyle rather than a fad diet (been there, done that) I'm not planning on depriving myself of anything (tell me I can't eat it and it's all I can think about, even if I haven't eaten said food for six months), but I hope to continue to cut out more of the processed foods that are part of my diet. 

I am planning to change up my exercise/workouts though. I joined Hubby's gym earlier this month and am aiming to get into the habit of going with him every Saturday, on top of my usual two home workouts. I'm actually not one of these girls who focuses on the number of the scales - I'm more interested in how my clothes fit, and I have to confess, I have noticed of late that they're starting to feel a little tight. With the pig-out festive season just nine weeks away, I don't want to get bigger and bigger. So I'm taking action now, 
so I can pig-out at Christmas and start all over again come January :)

Secondly, I want to accomplish something everyday, such as writing a blog post, starting a craft or reading another chapter of my book. What is it about the dark evenings that stop us doing things when we get home from work?! For the last week or two, on arriving home from work, I've got changed into my joggers, made my dinner and just vegged out in front of the TV - productive I am not! 

So, from this week I have promised myself that I will do one thing after work each day - I'm hoping this will mean I read more of the books I wanna read, watch more of the movies I wanna see and write more blog posts to entertain you lovely readers.

Wish me luck!

Happy Hump Day!
post signature

1 comment: