Tuesday, 9 July 2013

"London Calling..."

I'm currently enjoying two glorious weeks off work, but I'm not sitting around doing nothing, nor am I 
sunning myself abroad. No, Hubby and I are holidaying right here in Britain, so today I'm sharing with 
you our trip to The Big Smoke, England's capital city, Landan...
We checked into our hotel after driving down south and had this glorious view from our hotel room :)

We hopped on the tube (humming London Underground by Amateur Transplants)
and began a spot of sightseeing...
Piccadilly Circus
Big Ben & The London Eye
Westminster Abbey - where Kate & Wills got hitched!
Buckingham Palace - Liz wasn't in

St Paul's Cathedral
The view north up the River Thames

By now we were famished, so we headed to Planet Hollywood for our pre-show meal.
nom nom

We then headed to Leicester Square to explore but we got distracted...
Man, we LOVEEEE M&Ms

Finally, we headed to the Garrick Theatre to see the a-maz-ing Rock of Ages
We had a fantastic day and night in London; it really is a great city, despite the chaos of the tube and
the ridiculous prices. I like being a tourist there though, I honestly could never live or work
there - there's not enough fresh air and greenery for me!

Stay tuned for more fun and frolics from my holidays :) Harry Potter fans will love my next two posts!!

4 comments:

  1. I love London--it's one of my favorite cities! Glad you had a good time :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey laura! The weather has been great for you whilst you've been exploring England. I'm back now in the US and feeling sad.... Your London trip looks cool, I love travelling on the tube (when it's not busy) I couldn't live there though, 2-3 days is enough! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather really has been amazing - I'm so glad! Last year was a total wash out; it rained EVERY day of my 2 weeks off work! I hate the tube when it's busy, which it mostly was when we were travelling - we made the mistake of getting on it between 4pm and 6pm as well - I do not recommend that! xx

      Delete