Friday, 7 June 2013

Interior Design, part II

As I said before (in this post), Hubby and I decorated our house throughout when we moved in, in October 2007, so five-and-a-half-years later I'm itching to update the décor. As well as lightening up our living room, I also decided to inject some much-needed colour into our master bedroom. 

When we decorated in 2007, cream and brown were the 'in' colours, but there's so much more choice out there now, so I decided I wanted a splash of green in our bedroom. Again, I wanted to do this with minimal fuss and expense, so we bought some new bed linen and accessories, and I recovered some canvases with different wallpaper to tie everything in.

Before
After 
Before
After
Before
After
Before
After
The bedlinen is from Dunelm, the lampshades are from Next and the wallpaper I used for the canvases above the bed and the cushion covers are from B&M (although I can't find them on the website).

I'm really pleased with the result and for less than £100, I think it's a bargain transformation. I think it freshens up the bedroom perfectly, but that's my biased opinion. What do you think? 

10 comments:

  1. I think you did very well. You are a gal after my own heart. I think we all itch to change our living areas. Men do not understand this; they love things to stay as they are, so it makes it difficult sometimes to work around them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty lucky that hubby just lets me get on with it. He even bought the new curtains I'd chosen for our living room :)

      Delete
  2. I love the bed and canvasses, especially. Green is my favorite color.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love green too - it's such a fresh colour. I'm thinking of getting some green nail polish this weekend :)

      Delete
  3. ooo I do like the transformation! I need to update my bedroom! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dude! Get on it - maybe Corfu will inspire you :)

      Delete
  4. Looks wonderful! It's amazing how small touches can really give the room a completely different look! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lara. It is amazing what a few simple touches can do to transform a room and you really don't need much money to do it :)

      Delete
  5. It looks lovely! I'm a big fan of dunelm and next for furnishings x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Row. There's no longer a Dunelm in Leicester any more so I headed to the big one at Thurmaston; I could spend hours in there! There's so much!! xx

      Delete