Thursday, 23 May 2013

My geek weekend...

So as my regular readers/followers will know, I love the TV show, Supernatural. Last weekend, I attended Asylum 10, a convention organised by Rogue Events in Birmingham and it was A-MAZ-ING!!
This is me with all the actor/actress guests who were there - do you recognise anyone?
If you've never seen the show before (what's wrong with you? WATCH IT NOW!), it is about two brothers who were raised to hunt evil by their father after their mother was killed in a house fire (she was pinned to the ceiling!!), which was started by a yellow-eyed demon (most demons in the show have black eyes). The show has two main stars (who weren't at the convention) then lots and lots of key supporting actors/actresses - you can just imagine how big the cast is after eight seasons of 22/23 episodes!

Rather than bore you with details you're really not bothered about from my weekend, I thought I'd just share my professional photos with you, as well as maybe a few I took...
With DJ Qualls, who you might recognise from the film 'Road Trip'
With Emily Perkins
With Julian Richings aka Death
With Kevin McNally, aka Gibbs in 'Pirates of the Caribbean' 
With the super-sexy Kim Rhodes (I really wanna be her best friend - this woman ROCKS!)
With the completely adorable Osric Chau
With Rick Worthy
With the drunk HOTTIE that is Ty Olsson ;)
Being silly with Matt Cohen & Dick Speight Jr
With Mr. Mark Sheppard
With Rob Benedict - we got two photos because of a mix up with our packages, but I'm not complaining!
With Misha Collins - a photo of a photo as I'm waiting for the scanned version
With a replica of the car the brothers drive, a 1967 Chevy Impala
Most of the guests joined us for karaoke on Friday night - we had noise complaints from the Hotel we were in for the second year running - I shouldn't be as proud of that fact as I am!
Saturday night, the musical guest, Jason Manns, performed and was joined on stage by Rob Benedict, who is
part of a band called Louden Swain - everyone ended up on stage at one point!

It wasn't just the guest actors/actresses that made the weekend so great; these sexy ladies helped...
All-in-all, I had a fantastic weekend, but I am definitely paying for all that fun now - I'm off to bed!

Feel free to email me if you do want to know more about my Asylum 10 adventure :)

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! Wonderful pictures--thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lara, I did have a great time. I'm still paying for it though - I plan to sleep all weekend!

      Delete
  2. Wow sounds you had an awesome time and loads going on, no wonder you are beat. That's cool that you got to meet all the cast members, I've still not seen supernatural! What songs do did you do at karaoke? I'm proud of you getting into trouble at the hotel! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so beat it's unreal! You really need to start watching it - There are 8 seasons to get through but if you marathon-ed it over the next 20 weeks you could get them all watched before Season 9 starts in October on the CW on Tuesday nights at 9pm :) I didn't get up for karaoke but we sang some great songs, none of which I can currently remember, lol xx

      Delete
  3. OMG bore me with the details!! I'm so jealous!!! And your photo with Osric Chau is the best, he is so cute!! Plus Misha Collins?! I die.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG Sinead it was soooo good! Send me an email and I will happily bore you with whatever you want to know. I had a coffee lounge with Osric and about 20 other fans so that was awesome - I did the same with Ty Olsson and DJ Qualls :)

      Delete