Monday, 27 May 2013

Bucket List item #9

I used to watch Disney movies EVERY day when I was a child. In fact, I think I traumatised my nana because I would always make her watch Sleeping Beauty or Alice in Wonderland whenever she baby sat me - which was once or twice a week! As much as I love them, I haven't really watched any Disney movies lately, which is why I decided to add this (below) to my Bucket List...
Photo from here
With Hubby away camping for three days, my parents sunning themselves on a cruise and me still exhausted from my geek weekend in Birmingham, I decided that Saturday May 25th would be the perfect time to cross one more thing off my Bucket List!

I woke up after a 10-hour sleep and I made myself a spot of breakfast...
I decided to wear my Eeyore pyjama bottoms to get into the spirit of the day...
I perused my Disney DVD collection ...
Before starting with...
I then watched...
I had honestly forgotten just how crazy this movie is - I seriously think the writers and/or animators were high when they wrote/illustrated this film!
I took a pee break and got some snacks...
Then settled down to watch...

By the time Robin Hood had finished, I was kinda bored of cartoons, so I searched LoveFilm and came across...

I cooked a pizza and did some washing up and laundry...
I had a break to eat my pizza, catch up on some news and speak to Hubby, before moving onto my final movie 
of the day...

Watching Disney movies was a great way to spend a relaxing Saturday but I think five movies is my limit; I'm not sure my brain will forgive me any time soon!

I chose Disney movies I hadn't seen in a while, but my dream list would feature: The Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Aladdin and Finding Nemo, which are all movies I watch on a regular basis. It was nice to watch movies I'd not seen in a while, but it made me realise there's a reason my favourites are my favourites. At least I've crossed one more thing off my Bucket List :)

On Sunday, after walking Izzy in the ridiculous heat, I discovered that Lady and the Tramp is on Sky Anytime, so I decided to watch that too.

Near the start of the film, a baby Lady starts crying because her parents owners leave her alone in the kitchen. Izzy heard the dog crying and was clearly concerned...
Izzy is so cute!
I am an adult, honest!

15 comments:

  1. Hey there, I found you through Designs by Row. I love Disney Movies. I actually bought the Disney Treasure Box a few years ago. It has 100+ Disney movies including the black and white Mickey Mouse movies. I think I know what I will be doing this weekend lol :p xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Lola; I hope you will continue to do so every once in a while :) wow 100+ Disney DVDs, you'll need more than a weekend to watch all of those :) x

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a great day! I've not seen any Disney movies in a long time. I love adding things to my bucket List and ticking them off. My bucket list is in my head at the moment. I love your PJ's...your breakfast looks a little healthy to me! I always eat rubbish when Rich goes away for a few days! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to eat a healthy breakfast because I knew which snacks I'd bought and that I'd be having pizza for tea :) I love Disney films; my mum still has loads on VHS that she's saving for her grandchildren!! Don't ask :) xx

      Delete
  3. Holy photos....soccer ball?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Susie, I have no idea what you mean? x

      Delete
    2. Sorry. I will "use my words." Do you have that expression across the pond? :)

      Wow. Good job with the photos. That's quite an effort.
      I see that you have a football drying with your dishes. Oh, it's a cookie jar or something.

      There, that makes more sense to me too. Have a good Tuesday.

      Delete
    3. Ah, that makes much more sense, Susie :) The 'football' is a bowl - the very same one used to hold my snacks in an earlier photo. I think we got them a few years ago when they were being given away with cereals - not sure which ones, although the bowl does say Kelloggs on it.

      Taking all those photos didn't really feel like an effort, but getting them all clear and visible from my position on the sofa was, lol.

      Have a good Tuesday x

      Delete
  4. One crossed off the bucket list well done! Alice in Wonderland is my fav and I really want toffee popcorn and m&ms now!!Loving the DVD shots ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alice in Wonderland is trippy! I'm kinda shocked that it's made for kids xx

      Delete
  5. Good for you! Sounds like a fun break from the daily grind of reality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was Jan, it was great!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a nice, relaxing day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would recommend it to anyone! Although, 8-10 hours of cartoons isn't all that great for your brain cells :)

      Delete
  7. It's been a while since I've watched a Disney movie. I used to watch Alice in Wonderland nearly every day when I was 4 and 5. That movie is a trip (I realized as an adult). Looks like a fun trip down memory lane!

    ReplyDelete