Tuesday, 9 April 2013

H is for Honeymoon

I married the love of my life in September 2010, but we didn't go on our honeymoon until Boxing Day the same year. We went 'Down Under' to Australia for three weeks and visited Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Mackay, Brampton Island, Townsville and Cairns and loved every second. Here are some of the photos of the best holiday I've ever had...

The view of Brisbane from Mount Coot-tha Lookout
The Brisbane River
Me snorkelling
Hubby snorkelling
Me & Hubby on a yacht after snorkelling, in the Great Barrier Reef (no big deal!)

Some of our underwater snaps

Cairns lagoon, during the day
Cairns lagoon, at night
Hubby at the Melbourne Cricket Ground after a day at the Ashes
The distinctive clocks under the main dome of Flinders Street Station, Melbourne
The view of Darling Harbour and beyond from the top of Sydney Tower
On top of the Harbour Bridge (despite my aversion to heights!!) on January 2nd 2011
On Ramsay Street, with Stingray aka Ben Nicholas 
Me and Hubby on NYE 2010 at Mrs Macquarie's Point,
which overlooks Sydney Harbour, waiting for the fireworks

New Year's Eve 2010/11 fireworks
As you can see, we had a blast and would LOVE to go back!

Where in the world did you enjoy your 'best holiday'?

Find out more about the A-to-Z Blogging Challenge here

14 comments:

  1. Lovely pictures! My best holiday was Paris! Loved everything about it, visiting the sparkling Eiffel Tower, the beautiful architecture of the Notre Dame Cathedral and seeing the Mona Lisa! Good times!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers dude, Paris is a beautiful city but I have only spent about 4 hours there on my way back from Disneyland so I defo need to go again for a few days!

      Delete
  2. I love traveling anywhere. I'm not hard to please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many places, Teresa, so little time and money. Oh if I were a millionaire...

      Delete
  3. Wow, looks amazing! I can see why you would want to move there. Australia or Leicester??? My fave holiday was probably to Italy a few years ago, we went to Rome, then Florence then had a week in sorrento. So we mixed culture with a bit of relaxation, good food, great wine, gorgeous scenery. I love Italy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, sounds like my kind of holiday. I don't go away to just relax on a beach, I go to see a bit of the country I'm visiting and to experience a bit of the culture. I have been to Italy before but only skiing, so I really want to go again. I want to go to Rome and Florence - they look like beautiful places, although my mum has advised me never to go in peak summer because it's beyond busy, lol. I'd love to holiday in good ol' Cali where you are now; I'm hoping our next holiday will be LA, Vegas then San Francisco!!

      Delete
  4. Those photos really say it all. It looks like you had so much fun! Great H word too. :)

    From A to Z, Kristen's blog: kristenhead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kristen. I took SO many photos - over 1,000 I think, so it was hard to choose which ones to include with this post!

      Delete
  5. Sounds like a great holiday!

    My best holiday was when I was 17 and traveling with my parents. We traveled to India, Thailand, Hong Kong and Nepal. Nepal was my absolute favorite. Great memories!

    www.wearinglemon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was a great holiday, Deb. I think holidays are a great thing to spend your money on because, although they don't last forever, the memories you make and the things you experience do - they all add up to make you a more rounded person.

      Delete
  6. Good Luck with the rest of the A-Z blog challenge. Your posts are great to read. I nominated you for a Liebster Blogging Award.. You can check out the entry on my page: http://wordsandpalabras.wordpress.com/2013/04/10/i-is-for-i-got-an-award/

    Rebecca at Words And Palabras

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW! Thank you, Rebecca. I'm speechless. I will get onto accepting the award and nominating others :)

      Delete
  7. What a very fun honeymoon trip! My kids sent my Dear Husband and me on a trip to Disneyland for our anniversary several years ago. I had never been there before, so it was very lovely. We also spent an afternoon Whale watching off the coast of California. That was maybe the very best part of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to go to Disneyland! I bet you had an amazing time! Whale watching is also on my bucket list, as is swimming with dolphins; they're clichés for a reason :)

      Delete